Is pi a scrabble word?
Yes, pi is a Scrabble word having a point value of 4 in Scrabble and 5 in Words with Friends.
Definitions of PI in various dictionaries:
- Greek letter 16th in alphabetical order.
- a person who may be hired as a detective to accumulate evidence.
- the percentage of a circle’s circumference to its diameter; that’s kind of 3. 14159265358979323846…
- the scientist in charge of a test or investigation.
Some examples used in a sentence
- The researchers depended on their PI’s information to translate the ancient symbols and monitor the lost civilization’s hidden records.
- The chemical lab became humming with activity as Professor Johnson, the PI of the lab, oversaw the students’ experiments.
- In Greek fraternity houses, you might find decorative elements adorned with the symbol PI, representing the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet.
- The mystery novelist introduced an intriguing character who worked as a PI, solving complex cases with a strong eye for detail.
- As the PI of the pioneering particle physics experiment, Dr. Smith supervised the team with experience.
- Sarah anticipated turning into a non-public investigator (PI) as a teenager, unearthing secrets and techniques that others could not.